Heraklion - Chania - Lassithi
SIGHTSEEING IN HERAKLION
- The old Venetian town of Chania Gate entrance (1570 ac), with much of the impressive Venetian walls that have survived until today
- The City Hall of Heraklion (Loggia)
- Morosini Fountain at the Lion Square and Fountain Vembo in Heraklion
- The Venetian Martinengo bastion which now hosts the famous monument of the Cretan writer Nikos Kazantzakis
- Castle or Koules
- Church of St. Titus
- The Basilica of St. Mark
- Agios Minas
- St. Catherine
- Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, the museum houses artifacts of Minoan Crete
- Historical Museum of Crete
- Museum of the Battle of Crete
- Museum of Natural History
- Crete Aquarium
PLACES OF HERAKLION
- The Palace of Knossos, The Palace of Phaistos, Aghia Pelagia, Agiofarago, Analipsi, Anissaras, Upper Hersonissos, Asterousia Mountains, Gouves, West or disc in Lenta, Kalamaki, Kamilari, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Matala, Monastery Koudoumas, Mochos and Krasi, Piskopiano, Stalida, Hersonissos.
SIGHTSEEING IN CHANIA
- Archaeological Museum of Chania (located in the picturesque old Venetian church of San Francisco) has exhibits from the Neolithic Age, the Minoan and Roman years.
- Old Harbour of Chania, the Venetian lighthouse, the old Venetian arsenal and stronghold of Firka in the west of the old port (which now houses the Navy Museum).
- Mosque of the Janissaries (17th century) in the old port and numerous houses from the old town, the Turkish period.
- Garden of Chania, which is open to the crowd throughout the year. It offers shade and relaxation with many trees, a playground and a variety of animals of Crete.
- Municipal Art Gallery of Chania is housed in a three-storey building, built in 1910, occasionally hosts artists' works.
- The building of the municipal market in the shape of a cross, built in 1913, the center of Chania is a great place for shopping.
PLACES OF CHANIA
- Agia Roumeli, Samaria, Agia Sophia, Agia Triada Tzagarolon, Almirida,Asi Gonia Askifou, Georgioupolis, Elafonisi, Kalives, Kastelli or Kissamos, Kournas Koustogerako, Lake Kournas, Lissos, Maleme, Moni Gouverneto, Arkoudospilios cave, Catholic monastery in the church of St. John the Hermit, Balos, Paleochora Plaka, Platanias, Polirinia, Sougia, Falasarna, Frangokastello, Sfakia
- Agios Nikolaos, Vai, Elounda, Ierapetra, Koufonis, i Makrigialos, Monastery Kapsa, Monastery Toplou, Mirtos and Minoan settlements in Myrtos, Plateau Katharu, Pefkoi, Sitia, Spinalonga